Sausage & Lentil Soup Mix
Sausage & Lentil Soup combines Italian seasonings of oregano and basil with red and green lentils to give this hearty soup its great flavor and high fibre content. Add Italian sausage and red wine for a tasty full-bodied meal.
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything, Certified Gluten Free
Size: 454g 160z.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Mild Italian Sausage
- 12 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Can (29 oz) Petite Diced Tomato
- 3 Medium Zucchini, Diced, (4 Cups)
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- Pick through the lentils. Remove discoloured, shrivelled lentils and any foreign material. Rinse well.
- In a 6 or 8-quart pot, heat olive oil.
- Crumble and brown mild Italian sausage in oil.
- Stir in contents of Indiana Harvest Sausage and Lentil Soup Mix seasoning packet.
- Stir in broth and lentils. Bring pot to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, and red wine. Bring back to a simmer, cover and cook 30 minutes.