Mushroom Barley Soup is a Shitake mushroom, barley, veggie blend that makes the base for a classic soup. Add a handful of fresh mushrooms and sherry, if desired. A quick, rustic meal ready to enjoy in only 30 minutes.
What you need:
- ½ to 1 lb. sliced, fresh mushrooms (any variety)
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth (48 oz.)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional: ½ lb. ground beef (chuck or round)
- In a 3 or 4-qt pot, melt butter and gently sauté mushrooms (and ground beef, if using) over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in contents of Pennsylvania Woodlands Mushroom Barley Soup Mix.
- Add broth, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add pepper to taste and serve!
Nutrition: No added salt or artificial anything.
Allergen Information: May Contain Wheat