Potato Leek Soup is a garden blend of leeks and other greens that make this soup a year round favourite. Cooked and ready to enjoy in 40 minutes, serve warm with diced ham, or chilled and pureed with a dollop of sour cream! (Previously Idaho Outpost Potato Leek Soup)
Nutrition: No Added salt or artificial anything, certified Gluten free
What you need:
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth (48 oz.)
- 1 ½ lbs baby red potatoes, chopped not peeled (or 24 oz. frozen hash brown potatoes)
- 1 cup light or heavy cream
- In a 3 or 4-quart pot, bring broth to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in soup mix and potatoes.
- Add contents of Washington High Plains Potato Leek Soup Mix and potatoes, bring back to a simmer, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Gently mash potatoes with a fork or back of spoon.
- Stir in cream, season with salt and pepper, if desired, and remove bay leaf.
- Cover and hold on low heat 5 minutes or longer before serving.
To serve chilled, prepare soup and refrigerate overnight. Use immersion blender or potato masher to puree soup. More cream may be added, if soup is too thick. Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top.